Monday, February 18, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day (a little late)

We had a special relationship panel at our Cru meeting last week in honor of Valentine's day.  Matt and I were part of it, along with Katie Keisler, who recently joined staff with Cru High School and wrote a book in the past year called "22 & Single". We answered a few questions each to get things rolling and then took questions from the audience. It was fun to be able to share a bit of what Matt and I have learned through our relationship and to encourage students to seek godly relationships for themselves - or to trust God in the midst of not being in a relationship.  Students asked questions like:

How do I know this is the right person to date?
What if I'm in a relationship with someone who's in a different place than me spiritually?
How can I be content as a single person?
Is it idolatry to long to be in a relationship?
We keep failing in the area of purity, what can we do?
I'm a shy guy, how can I pursue a girl well?

and one of the last questions, I'm pretty sure was directed at Matt and I:
Any tips for long distance dating?

We had a few thoughts since most of our dating relationship was between Brazil and the U.S.!  Thanks for praying for us! Based off the responses we had from students afterward, I think it went well!

No comments:

Post a Comment